[Spice-devel] folder passthrough with spice webdavd

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 08:29:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 11:49:39AM +0100, christof.ebe at t-online.de wrote:
> Regards to all members of the list, I am new to the list.

Welcome! And thanks for your interest in SPICE :)

> I would like to ask you to countercheck my spice-webdavd
> configuration. I am using a win 7 ultimate 64 guest on a kubuntu 16.10
> Yakkety 64 bit host with spice kvm qemu libvirt virtmanager.  viostor
> and net are installed from virtio win 0.1.100, missing additions
> installed from Spice guest tools, spice webdavd vers 2 (1.24 tried
> before without success). I already tried several hints from your lists
> archive, e.g. Restart of spice-webdavd service (is up and running,
> restarts from cmd Admin without any error), took care of Admin
> privileg, etc.

You need to have --enable-webdav in the client, to enable webdav
feature. Maybe that is missing?

> Used map-drive.bat: net use * http://localhost:9843/ ends with system
> error 67 „net path not found“, REG ADD finished successfully.

spice-webdavd is provided by Phodav. It was removed the need for
map-drive.bat in git master, but that was not released yet. I'll take a
look on it this week and try to provide a newer spice-webdavd version.

> XML entry is formed by virtmanager:
>
> <channel type='spiceport'>
>       <source channel='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
>       <target type='virtio' name='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
>       <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='2'/>
>     </channel>

You don't need the address type, I think. You can check the example at
'Folder Sharing' in our manual, at:
https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html

But the configuration seems right and you can check that it is used in
qemu command line, like: ps aux | grep -i qemu | grep -i webdav

I would also recommend testing it on linux guest too. It should work :)

Cheers,
  toso