[Spice-devel] folder passthrough with spice webdavd

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 17:25:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

Keeping the list in CC.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 01:06:27PM +0100, christof.ebe at t-online.de wrote:
> Thank you for your very profound answers. I will try and report back.
>
> I think --enable webdav is really missing in the client, but whats the
> correct place to add it

This is a build option. Without that, the code related to shared folder
in spice-gtk will not be built and included in the library, which means
the client will not have this feature even if guest is setup properly
and have the spice-webdavd service running correctly.

> Will I have to remove the REG-ADD sequence from win registry when
> map-drive is not used any more?

I just tested it. I've simply installed the msi installer, restarted,
and enabled the shared-folder (which is toggled off by default in
remote-viewer). It has appeared in 'network location' space in Computer
(Windows 7 x64)

> regards Christof Ebentheuer

It isn't too hard to build spice-gtk/remote-viewer yourself but I guess
you might be able to find it in ubuntu.

A quick search shows that it has virt-viewer 4.0 [0] which uses
spice-gtk 0.32 [1] - The fact that it does not require phodav is a good
hint that it does not have webdav enabled.

[0] http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/virt-viewer
[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/yakkety/spice-gtk

In case you are in the mood to try it with Fedora [2], it has webdav
enable.

[2] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/spice-gtk.git/tree/spice-gtk.spec#n119

Cheers,
  toso