[Spice-devel] [vd-agent-win32 0/2] Add support for WDDM driver

Fabio Fantoni fantonifabio at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 10 15:34:20 CET 2016

Il 04/02/2016 17:01, Javier Celaya ha scritto:

> El 04/02/16 a las 16:59, Javier Celaya escribió:
>> Hi

>>> Big thanks for help improving windows>=8 support (unfortunately still
>>> overlooked).
>>> I want do a fast test to see is your changes solve the bugs (and/or
>>> occasional hangs) I have found trying spice-guest-tools 0.100 and
>>> qxlwddm-0.12.zip on windows 10 guests. For tests your improvements I can
>>> simply install spice-guest-tools.exe inside
>>> flexvdi-guest-tools-2.2.3.exe and qxlwddm-0.13-flexvdi.zip?
>> You can just install spice-guest-tools.exe, as it includes both the
>> patched vdagent.exe and the new driver.
> Actually, I suspect you will have tu uninstall the previous driver
> first, as I forgot to increase the version number and Windows will
> probably say that the driver is already up to date.

Thanks, I did some fast tests with them.
The resolution change seems better, I tried all possible cases and now
worked correctly always.
The mouse seems better, mainly in case of high load when before was near
unusable.
About the occasional windows freeze I don't know if is solved, for now
with your build wasn't happen.
I not found any regression.

I have enough knowledge to review the code, can someone review it for
upstream please?