[Spice-devel] spice-gtk - no element appsrc

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Tue Jul 5 10:57:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 12:43:49PM +0200, David Craven wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting these warnings when running remote-viewer:
>
> ```
> ** (remote-viewer:13315): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to
> accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-mv7zMXN5YD:
> Connection refused

This one is strange to me.

> (remote-viewer:13315): Spice-WARNING **:
> channel-display-gst.c:303:create_pipeline: GStreamer error: no element
> "appsrc"

Should be part of gst-plugins-base package. You can verify if you have
it by running: `gst-inspect-1.0 appsrc`

> (remote-viewer:13315): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to SpiceDisplay
> 0xb26320 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How
> does the code know the size to allocate?
> ```

I see this too.

> I'm mainly concerned with the second one since I think this is what's
> preventing spice-vdagent from getting window resize events. (Clipboard
> works). Since I've packaged the relevant packages myself (qemu, spice,
> spice-gtk, virt-viewer, usbredir, spice-vdagent) - All packages are
> the latest releases, I'm assuming it's a packaging problem (a missing
> dependency or something). I looked at the arch linux PKGBUILD for
> reference and I noticed that spice-gtk didn't have gstreamer or
> gst-base-plugins listed as a dependency. Are these somehow optional?

They are optional from --enable-gstvideo. Lack of plugins generate a
warning after the autogen.sh but it still let you build the code.

AFAIK, in case the gstreamer pipeline does not work, it should fallback
to default mjpeg decoder.

> Can you please help me figure out how to get this working?

I would recommend taking a look into fedora 24 package [0] instead, to
check what is used there.

[0] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/spice-gtk.git/tree/spice-gtk.spec

Cheers,
  toso