[Spice-devel] spice-gtk - no element appsrc

David Craven david at craven.ch
Thu Jul 7 17:04:48 UTC 2016

Hi toso,

There was indeed a problem with loading the gst-plugins. I set the
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH correctly and I got rid of the warning.
gst-inspect-1.0 was very useful for debugging this, thank you.

I still can't get guest display mode setting to work. When looking at
xrandr output there seems to be a plus beside the ideal resolution
that changes when I resize the window. Do you have any further advice
on debugging this issue?

I have a lot of qxl_kms_surface_create: Bad bpp: 1 (1) in my
Xorg.0.log. Maybe that's related? Is the qxl driver needed for this to
work?

Cheers,
David