[Spice-devel] [spice-common v4 3/7] log: Use glib for logging

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 13:03:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 11:52:09AM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> The current log.c/spice_logger() code invokes g_log_default_handler ()
> directly, so setting our own default handler does no good.

Hmm, good point, this is not exactly what I intended/expected while
writing this code. What I wanted here was to use whatever handler is
default in glib, regardless of if it's g_log_default_handler() or a
different one set with g_log_set_default_handler().
This is definitely not doing what I hoped/wanted :(

> That would work if we did not set up spice_logger() as a handler; it's
> not entirely clear to me why we need to do that.

Backward compat if we want SPICE_DEBUG_LEVEL to keep behaving as it used
to. But the fact that this means g_log_set_default_handler() is not
going to work would be a good enough reason for me to break
backward-compat slightly.