[Spice-devel] [spice-devel]How to reduce the image resolution or definition ?

Victor Toso lists at victortoso.com
Mon May 2 07:32:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 05:18:32PM +0800, hongzhen_luo at sina.com wrote:
>  Hello
>  Could you tell me how to reduce the image resolution or definition ?
>  I plan to reduce the image definition so that  decrease data
>  transmission from server to client.  For example, I assume if I have a
>  low bandwidth in my network environment,but it's stable, I want to
>  reduce the image definition  to ensure a small quantity of data were
>  sent  between the server and client  ,for the client can be worked
>  normally (such as basic operation).  But I don't know how to modify
>  and control it (which functions or attributes),  if you know that
>  ,please help  me .

Have you tried lz4 compression? Check for the options with
`remote-viewer --help-spice`, --spice-preferred-compression should be
working upstream with latests stable releases.

You can also play with compression options on spicy (testing tool), under
'Options > Preferred image compression > ....'

Cheers
  toso