[Spice-devel] [spice-devel]How to reduce the image resolution or definition ?

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Mon May 2 10:22:38 UTC 2016

On 04/12/2016 12:18 PM, hongzhen_luo at sina.com wrote:
>  Hello
>
>        Could you tell  me how to reduce the image resolution or definition ?
>
>        I plan to reduce the image definition so that  decrease data
> transmission from server to client .
>
>        For example ,I assume if I have a low bandwidth in my network
> environment,but it's stable , I want to reduce the image definition  to
> ensure a small quantity of data were sent  between the server and
> client  ,for the client can be worked normally (such as basic operation).
>
>       But I don't know how to modify and control it (which functions or
> attributes),  if you know that ,please help  me . Thank you very much ...

Hi,

For Windows guests when the spice-vdagent is running and network
is slow, by default when Spice recognizes its a slow network
it disables some features on the guest to lower the
bandwidth, such as animations, color depth, etc.

You can ask for that specifically with the spice client command line:
remote-viewer --spice-color-depth=16 --spice-disable-effects=all ...

Regards,
     Uri.