[Spice-devel] spice-vdagent-win 0.8.0 release

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 08:10:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 08:48:48PM +0100, Thorsten Kohfeldt wrote:
> > Binary builds can be found at
> > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/teuf/spice-mingw/build/473299/
>
> Nice offer,
> but I'm a little confused by that plethora of choices:
>
> 3 target releases (F23, F24, rawhide), 2 architectures (x86, x64),
> each of them providing 2 _Windows_ binaries (vdservice.exe, vdagent.exe) ...
> ... which should be equivalent ? ...
> ... usable on Win-(any)-x86 AND Win-(any)-x64 ?

Yeah, that's a fair point, from my side, I only issued one command and
only uploaded a single srpm, but the copr is configured to build on 3
different distros. The difference in binary content is expected as they
were built against different toolchains (respectively the one which is
in each of these distros).
I've disabled all the various builders now and only kept f25 x86-64. For
now, I would pick one of the f24 builds.

> But:
> I rpm2cpio-ed them all and those binaries all differ from each other.
>
> Which pair of (vdservice.exe, vdagent.exe) would make it into the
> Win-installer on spice-space ?
>
> Or would we even get those released on the next Fedorapeople ISO (where
> I currently cannot find them) ?

Getting these on virtio-win ISO was discussed a bit, but never moved
forward.