[Spice-devel] Preparing for a spice-server release

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 09:31:34 UTC 2016

> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to move forward with a spice-server release, however testing is
> proving a bit difficult as there is a constant influx of patches in git
> master.
> I'd like to suggest that we freeze spice-server git master for a short
> while in order to stabilize things a bit. This would mean only bug
> fixes/compilation fixes /... (test case additions, doc changes, ...)
> could go in.
>
> What I have in mind is a freeze which would end with a release early
> next week at the latest (ie Wednedsday at the latest).
>
> I don't know what others think, so just let me know how you feel about
> that.
>
> While on that topic, if there are spice-server patches that haven't been
> commented on recently, now would be a good time to remind me about them!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christophe

I don't have much thing to check in beside the rollback I sent today.
Which kind of tests are you going to perform?
I think we can manage to wait a week. Alternatively we could branch and then
merge or if you don't want the merge somebody could be responsible
for a personal semi-official branch to be rebased on next release, but
I don't think would be necessary.
What stuff do you think are not stable enough at the moment?
Do you have some TODO list in mind?
What do you mean with "if there are spice-server patches that haven't been
commented on recently". Do you mean patches on the ML that we would like
to be merged or patches already in master that could cause issues?

Frediano