[Spice-devel] Preparing for a spice-server release

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 09:46:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 04:31:34AM -0500, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> I think we can manage to wait a week. Alternatively we could branch and then
> merge or if you don't want the merge somebody could be responsible
> for a personal semi-official branch to be rebased on next release, but
> I don't think would be necessary.

The time frame is short enough that it's not worth the hassle imo. And
it's also better not to get distracted by new patches while getting this
release ready :)

> What stuff do you think are not stable enough at the moment?
> Do you have some TODO list in mind?

Oh, we're probably fairly good, my plan is just to run a bunch of VMs in
a bunch of scenarios (windows/linux, different image compression,
local/remote, virgl, ...) hoping nothing break. Not really extensive
testing, just checking general sanity.

> What do you mean with "if there are spice-server patches that haven't been
> commented on recently". Do you mean patches on the ML that we would like
> to be merged or patches already in master that could cause issues?

I mean patches on the mailing list that may have been sent a while back,
and forgotten.