[Spice-devel] Preparing for a spice-server release

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 18 16:55:05 UTC 2016

Hey Christophe,

> I don't know what others think, so just let me know how you feel about
> that.

I'm a huge fan! <grin>

I've just run an Xspice smoke test on Debian and make check and a basic
Xspice test looked clean.

I hit one tiny hitch; the lz4-dev library on Debian is r122, too old to
support the LZ4_compress_default call.  That's screened for in the
latest spice-common, but that is not yet in the tip of spice-gtk.

> While on that topic, if there are spice-server patches that haven't been
> commented on recently, now would be a good time to remind me about them!

There's always my favorite, support for websockets:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2016-June/030552.html

Cheers,

Jeremy