[Spice-devel] QXL-WDDM-DOD v0.4-1 released

Dmitry Fleytman dmitry at daynix.com
Thu Oct 27 06:55:23 UTC 2016

Hi Christophe,

> On 26 Oct 2016, at 19:17 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Sameeh,
>
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 06:37:12PM +0300, Sameeh Jubran wrote:
>> And as Frediano mentioned this could be an issue with the mouse as there
>> was set of patches that weren't accepted which solves a performance
>> issue caused by the mouse mode when running vd-agent.
>
> I did not check which patches exactly you have in mind, but I'd expect
> there were review comments/questions on these patches to be addressed
> before moving forward with them? If they are causing such bad
> performance issues, we should revisit them ;)

Sameeh meant patches that disable forwarding of
mouse events to device when VDAgent is running.

Patches were written in assumption that running
VDAgent always means system is in client mouse mode.
And, as turned out, this assumption was wrong so
patches need rework.

This task is in our list and we’re investigating what can be done.

According to earlier discussions on the list the best way is to indicate
mouse mode to driver via device interface.

Dmitry.