[Spice-devel] vdagent: Spelling and case fixes in comments

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 10:11:51 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 11:38:03AM +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Apr 2017, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> [...]
> > > -       pointing to a non existing window. */
> > > +       pointing to a nonexistent window. */
> >

> > Unsure about this one, I'll let a native speaker tell us what we should
> > use here.
>
> "nonexistent" is definitely a valid word:

Oh, I was not implying it's not a valid word, just assuming that both
forms are somewhat valid, and I do not know if one "sounds" more correct
to the ears of a native speaker, so I'd rather check.

> But as far as I can tell the form with a space and the -ing ending is
> not valid at all.

non-existing seems to be used sometimes though,
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/non-existing has some quotes from books
using it. So dunno if we should change to non-existing, nonexistent,
non-existent, ... which is why the input from someone else could be
useful.