[Spice-devel] Unable to share files from windows guest to the host

guide at boum.org guide at boum.org
Sat Apr 22 16:46:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are working on a documentation that requires to use Windows in a
virtual machine. We are migrating our documentation from VirtualBox to
virt-manager.

We are trying to share files from a Windows 8 guest to the linux host,
using virt-manager. We followed documentation to setup folder sharing at:

https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html#_folder_sharing

Then, we launch C:\Program Files\SPICE webdavd\map-drive.bat (is this
required?) and we get the following error:

    net use * http://localhost:9843/
    System error 67 has occured.

    The network name cannot be found.

    REG ADD
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\##localhost at 9843#DavWWWRoot"
/v "_LabelFromReg" /t REG_SZ /d "Spice client" /f
    The operation completed successfully.

We don't know if we missed a step or encountered a bug. Is this supposed
to work? Is there user documentation or an up-to-date tutorial we should
follow? Could you give us hints?

Thanks by advance