[Spice-devel] [vdagent-linux v2] systemd: Remove unneded virtio-port dependencies

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 17:37:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:15:09PM -0500, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> > The udev rule already adds SYSTEMD_WANTS=spice-vdagentd.socket
> > to the relevant virtio devices, which automatically adds Wants=${device}
> > to spice-vdagentd.socket (see 'systemctl show spice-vdagentd.socket').
> > Adding a Requisite/After for these ports is at best redundant, and most
> > likely wrong as this is causing boot time warnings:
> >

> Lot of doubts, were you able to reproduce the issue?

Yes I was able to reproduce, and the message is gone with this patch.

> Looking at systemd documentation is not clear why the Requisite causes
> an INFO message. Maybe something is attempting to launch the service?

Did not dig too deeply as to why that's causing an error. I'm not sure
this is a valid unit name to be honest, which would explain a lot, but
if that's the reason, then it would be easy to reproduce..

> What happen if Requisite is removed and service is enabled? Are we going
> to have an error at every restart?

I don't understand your question. What kind of error do you think we
will get? Note that we will still have a Wants= associated with the
.socket file (automatically added by udev rule).