[Spice-devel] Strange issue with PhotoShop 6

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 14:47:00 UTC 2018

Hi,
  trying the lazzo issue I find this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCo6gxKLyA

Note that the problem does not disappear if you close and open (you can still see the garbage on the screen). Also a printscreen inside the VM (so paste on mspaint for instance) present the garbage so is not surely a compression or server->client error (the corruption seems on the frame buffer too).
Using a standard VGA (same VM) the problem does not appear.
I recorded (SPICE_WORKER_RECORD_FILENAME) the screen and the problem happens also doing a replay (I can post the file, is only 17MB compressed with xz).
The selection is made with a dotted line and a XOR operation (you can see clearly using an image, the video used a white background).
The version of Windows is 7. 32 bit display.

Any hint?
Similar issues?

Frediano