[Spice-devel] [spice-common v2 3/3] meson: Remove '(default: xxx)' from option description

Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) etrunko at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 12:39:55 UTC 2018

On 06/06/18 09:00, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 07:26:23AM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
>>>
>>> 'meson configure' will show the current value of an option, specifying
>>> the default value in the option description does not add much to that
>>> output.
>>>

>> But the current values are not always the default ones.
>> You'll need to remove all and do the setup without options to
>> get default values.
>> If I forgot how I configured meson I need to setup it again in
>> another directory and do the diff of the 2 outputs or check
>> the meson_options.txt file.
>
> Is this something that people will often need to do? In my opinion, this
> would belong in meson anyway (eg meson configure -Ucelt051), not in
> string form in each meson project.

Again, this is something inherited from the autotools build. 'meson
configure' does not have any "(default: ...)" in its base options.

I am fine with this patch, but I wonder if for consistency reasons we
would want to remove the strings from autotools build as well.

Acked-by: Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) <etrunko at redhat.com>

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima (Etrunko)
Software Engineer - RedHat