[Spice-devel] spice-streaming-agent can't work correctly

Lukáš Hrázký lhrazky at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 10:27:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Thu, 2018-11-08 at 17:38 +0800, wangjiedong wrote:
> Recently I compile spice-protocol-0.12.15 and spice-server-0.14.1(--enable-lz4=yes --enable-gstreamer=yes --enable-smartcard=yes --with-sasl=yes) on host Ubuntu 18.04, and compile  spice-protocol-0.12.15 and spice-streaming-agent-0.2 on guest VM.
>

> I use remote-viewer to connect guest VM , and the command spice-streaming-agent can exec successfully. then another remote-viewer window named display 2 appears, and the video becomes more stalling than never using spice-streaming-agent.

Is the display 2 showing the same content as display 1?

The second display is streaming your VM desktop using the MJPEG plugin.
This uses SW encoding in the guest and SW decoding on the client, so
it's adding significant CPU load and this use case has no actual
practical benefit (classic SPICE performs better).

I'm not sure what is your goal, but at this point, unless you want to
develop your own streaming agent plugin, you probably don't want to use
the streaming agent.

Cheers,
Lukas