[Spice-devel] Regarding next Spice drivers release

Carlos González piteccelaya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:57:55 UTC 2018

Thanks very much mr Toso, yet again.

... maybe I still need to learn how to read stuff at gitlab?
The 0.14.1 tag https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice/tags/v0.14.1 says
"no release notes" nor has any downloads, and the "main" commitment
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice/commit/eaa07ef15cfc3bf57a69da2576af66f028787774
doesn't mention the "avoid invalid flag" commit.

Again, I apologize if I'm sounding hasty; the point is, I've been a bit
anxious to test the fix and report back here. But in order to do so one
needs for distributions to update the respective spice-server packages (in
my case I use openSUSE and Proxmox). Even so, as far as I just learned, I
think main distros usually don't backport *all* of released patches and bug
fixes, only priority ones. And only from "releases", not "pre-releases". In
a more special case, if one wants a specific fix to be backported, one
needs to file a bug report at the corresponding bugzilla, but they request
absolute proof of the bug existence and fix in order to be taken in account.

Now, if it turns that 0.14.1 is still a "pre-release", there's still way to
the release point, and I'm being hasty, sorry again.

Also, no one has been able to confirm mr Yuri's inquiry yet 3 posts back...

Thanks again.