[Spice-devel] Spice connection audio problem

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 08:10:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 12:52:55AM +0800, 天魔 wrote:
> Hi,I am having a problem when I connect my win10 virtual
> machine with the latest spice client under win10 1809 64-bit
> version.

With latest, you mean virt-viewer-x86-8.0 from:

    https://virt-manager.org/download/
?

> I added an intel hda virtual sound card to the win10 VM. The
> spice is connected to the VM. When I open an audio, I can hear
> the sound, but once I turn off the audio, When I open
> another audio, there is no more sound. Unless I close the spice
> client and then reconnect to the VM with the spice client, I
> can hear the sound again. Similarly, once I turn off or switch
> another audio, I can't hear the sound again.Oh, yes, not only
> the win10 VM, I also tried to connect to the Linux VM with the
> spice client, and it has the same problem. What is the problem?

Most likely a bug related to the audio backend in virt-viewer,
that is, spice-gtk. I'm almost sure that virt-viewer 8.0 is using
msitools 0.99 release which ships WASAPI plugin instead of
DirectSound for spice-gtk's audio backend with GStreamer.

I reproduced before, spice-gtk does something that breaks the
wasapi state and we need to restart the pipeline to fix it. I was
debugging it the plugin (to fix it there) but got sidetracked
with other tasks :(

> Do you know how to solve it? thank you very much

Temporally, you could put the libgstdirectsoundsrc.dll in the
same folder you have the libgstwasapi.dll and move
libgstwasapi.dll away (gstreamer would prefer wasapi to
directsound if both are loaded).

You can fine those dlls here
    https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1128686

If I'm mistaken here and this does not help, please run
remote-viewer with --spice-debug and preferably with GST_DEBUG=4
set in your system too for GStreamer's logss.

Cheers,
Victor