[Spice-devel] [RFC spice-server 1/3] stream-channel: Add preferred video codec capability

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 09:32:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 09:08:51AM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > +/* Returns an array with SPICE_VIDEO_CODEC_TYPE_ENUM_END elements,
> > + * with the client preference order (index) as value */
> > +GArray
> > *video_stream_parse_preferred_codecs(SpiceMsgcDisplayPreferredVideoCodecType
> > *msg)
> > +{
> > +    gint i, len;
>
> gnot ga gbig gfun gof gall gthese gg gstrings

Haha, you brought something like that in the past too. What can
we do about it? I don't even think much, if I'm working on code
with glib/gobject I g-prefix types too. I would say it makes
sense when interacting with the its libraries, random e.g:

    glong g_utf8_strlen (const gchar *p, gssize max);

I'm raising this question/email so we can improve this somehow
(checkpatch.pl git-hooks and/or coding style standards) and make
it clear for contributors/reviewers without much time loss in
discussion.

Cheers,