[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk v1 00/10] Flatpak + CI

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 13:57:31 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 02:44:23PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 02:06:19PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > What's the point in building a spice-gtk flatpak then, when you
> > > have virt-viewer flatpak?
> >
> > You replied my question with another question.
> >
> > My main motivation is that spicy is self contained in spice-gtk,
> > smaller and targeted to be a testing tool, so, testing spice-gtk
> > changes.
>
> I see, you would like CI build version readily available.

As you can see by browsing the link in the cover letter

    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/victortoso/spice-gtk/-/jobs/105184/artifacts/browse

> (kind of a waste of space to me, but it may be useful)

1.1 MB. To avoid waste of space, the flatkpak is not generated
automatically but manually, that is, you have to click on this
'job' in the CI to activate it; besides that, the artifact is set
to expire_in: 2 days

> virt-viewer with only --enable-spice-gtk shouldn't have much more
> dependencies though.

> > If I add virt-viewer -> flatpak or msi installer to gitlab-ci's
> > artifacts, that's out of scope of spice-gtk although I'll be
> > using it all the time...
>
> Oh you are thinking about building virt-viewer from spice-gtk CI?
> interesting... I wonder if there are mechanisms already to trigger
> rebuilds of dependent projects, I am pretty sure there are
> solutions to that. And flatpak build can pull from upstream
> repository master I guess.

My interest is testing spice/spice-gtk only. So, to regenerate
virt-viewer flatpak from spice-gtk CI because there is a new
commit in virt-viewer is totally out of context, for me.

I'd be glad if virt-viewer was in gitlab, close to no knowledge
around Pagure infra.

I still don't know if your earlier concern around .desktop is due
the fact we are installing it (patch 04/10) or with spicy
flatkpak itself.

Cheers,