[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk v1 00/10] Flatpak + CI

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:08:36 UTC 2019

Hi

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:57 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 02:44:23PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > You replied my question with another question.
> > >
> > > My main motivation is that spicy is self contained in spice-gtk,
> > > smaller and targeted to be a testing tool, so, testing spice-gtk
> > > changes.
> >
> > I see, you would like CI build version readily available.
>
> As you can see by browsing the link in the cover letter
>
>     https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/victortoso/spice-gtk/-/jobs/105184/artifacts/browse
>
> > (kind of a waste of space to me, but it may be useful)
>
> 1.1 MB. To avoid waste of space, the flatkpak is not generated
> automatically but manually, that is, you have to click on this
> 'job' in the CI to activate it; besides that, the artifact is set
> to expire_in: 2 days

Ok, I don't see much point in having it built in the CI then

> > virt-viewer with only --enable-spice-gtk shouldn't have much more
> > dependencies though.
>
> > > If I add virt-viewer -> flatpak or msi installer to gitlab-ci's
> > > artifacts, that's out of scope of spice-gtk although I'll be
> > > using it all the time...
> >
> > Oh you are thinking about building virt-viewer from spice-gtk CI?
> > interesting... I wonder if there are mechanisms already to trigger
> > rebuilds of dependent projects, I am pretty sure there are
> > solutions to that. And flatpak build can pull from upstream
> > repository master I guess.
>
> My interest is testing spice/spice-gtk only. So, to regenerate
> virt-viewer flatpak from spice-gtk CI because there is a new
> commit in virt-viewer is totally out of context, for me.

No, but your interest seems to have a flatpak readily available when
doing a commit in spice-gtk.

> I'd be glad if virt-viewer was in gitlab, close to no knowledge
> around Pagure infra.
>
> I still don't know if your earlier concern around .desktop is due
> the fact we are installing it (patch 04/10) or with spicy
> flatkpak itself.

I am concern about distributing spice-gtk and spicy in new forms in
general. The .desktop is pretty much a no-go to me. The flatpak I
don't really understand what we need / want it for.

--
Marc-André Lureau