[Spice-devel] [RFC spice-streaming-agent 0/3] Integration with copr build system

Snir Sheriber ssheribe at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 08:26:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 2/25/19 6:20 PM, Victor Toso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 04:56:44PM +0200, Snir Sheriber wrote:
>> This is an example for integration of copr and gitlab so that
>> any git update will generate a copr build automatically.
>> Doing that for whole our repos will allow to get an updated
>> upstream repo without maintaining a running vm somewhere.
>> (although i'm still not sure what to do with the mingw builds yet)
>>
>> If this is agreed i'll start adding specs and copr Makefiles
>> to all projects
>>
>> Suggestions and more elegant scripting are welcome
>>
>> Working example*:
>> any push to https://gitlab.com/sheriber/spice-streaming-agent-ci
>> will generate upstream builds here:
>> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/snir/spice-project/package/spice-streaming-agent/
>>
>> *require to configure a small gitlab webhook.
> What kind of hook?

Just to configure gitlab to trigger the copr repo webhook link every push
in gitlab project settings->integrations

> The fedpkg needs some ssh and/or kerberos ticket, no?
>
> I think it should be safe to push 2/3 and 3/3 while 1/3 stays as
> RFC.

Indeed, 2&3 are not very related

Ack then?

> In regards to the RFC, I'm in favor of moving such tasks to
> gitlab as well. So, +1 for me for the idea. I'd move the Makefile
> as a job in gitlab-ci.yml itself.

This Makefile is located specifically there to integrate with copr so
that every
time a copr build is invoked this script is executed to generate the
srpm for
the current build (instead of pushing srpm from external vm as we do now).
(a copr build is invoked when the webhook url is triggered i.e every push)

See https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#make-srpm

Snir.