[Spice-devel] [RFC spice-streaming-agent 0/3] Integration with copr build system

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 08:43:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 10:26:36AM +0200, Snir Sheriber wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 2/25/19 6:20 PM, Victor Toso wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 04:56:44PM +0200, Snir Sheriber wrote:
> > > This is an example for integration of copr and gitlab so that
> > > any git update will generate a copr build automatically.
> > > Doing that for whole our repos will allow to get an updated
> > > upstream repo without maintaining a running vm somewhere.
> > > (although i'm still not sure what to do with the mingw builds yet)
> > >
> > > If this is agreed i'll start adding specs and copr Makefiles
> > > to all projects
> > >
> > > Suggestions and more elegant scripting are welcome
> > >
> > > Working example*:
> > > any push to https://gitlab.com/sheriber/spice-streaming-agent-ci
> > > will generate upstream builds here:
> > > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/snir/spice-project/package/spice-streaming-agent/
> > >
> > > *require to configure a small gitlab webhook.
> > What kind of hook?
>

> Just to configure gitlab to trigger the copr repo webhook link every push
> in gitlab project settings->integrations

Does this configuration involve storing some ssh key or something
else for auth purposes?

> > The fedpkg needs some ssh and/or kerberos ticket, no?
> >
> > I think it should be safe to push 2/3 and 3/3 while 1/3 stays as
> > RFC.
>

> Indeed, 2&3 are not very related
>
> Ack then?

Yep, LGTM! I didn't test but I trust you did :)

> > In regards to the RFC, I'm in favor of moving such tasks to
> > gitlab as well. So, +1 for me for the idea. I'd move the Makefile
> > as a job in gitlab-ci.yml itself.
>

> This Makefile is located specifically there to integrate with
> copr so that every time a copr build is invoked this script is
> executed to generate the srpm for the current build (instead of
> PUSHING SRPM FROM external vm as we do now).
> (a copr build is invoked when the webhook url is triggered i.e every push)
>
> See https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#make-srpm
>
> Snir.

What I would like to understand is how copr will get the outcome
of make srpm to deploy, for instance, what you mentioned in the
cover letter:

    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/snir/spice-project/package/spice-streaming-agent/

Again, not against it, just trying to understand how will things
work.

Cheers