[Spice-devel] Spice on WinXPSP3

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Fri Jul 5 10:39:10 UTC 2019

> Hi,
> I'm trying to start remote-viewer.exe on WES7 WYSE with Windows XP SP3
> (32bit) and get stuck with and error message "The procedure entry point
> AcquireSRWLockExlusive could not be located in the dynamic link library
> KERNEL32.dll.".
> I read that it's about Windows XP kernel not supporting
> AcquireSRWLockExlusive.

> Is there some possible way to solve this?

> Best regards,
> Sami Koivisto

I don't think we directly depends on this API but I think it's Gtk/GLib.
The problem is that Gtk/GLib removed Windows XP support so the only option
seems to add some compatibility patch to these libraries.
Maybe somebody else has some patches for these libraries already.
Or you could find a combination of GLib/Gtk/spice-gtk that still supports
Windows XP.
But the best option would be to update Windows XP.

Frediano