[Spice-devel] fast symbolic transfer function derivatives

Valeri Aronov valerka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:04:55 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I trust that I have an excellent proposition for the theme in the subject
of this post. Using my algorithm for the evaluation of all the first and
second derivatives (by circuit parameters) of the symbolic transfer
function asymptotically approaches the time of the evaluation of transfer
function itself.

Using these derivatives allows substantially reduce the time of circuit
parameter optimization because of much better precision of the derivatives
evaluation (in comparison with non-symbolic derivatives evaluation) and an
opportunity to apply optimization methods using the second derivatives.

I am looking for discussing with or presenting this  to ppl who implemented
symbolic transfer function generation or interested in using the symbolic
functions for parameter optimization or sensitivity evaluation.

Cheers,

Valeri A.