[Spice-devel] Vdagent not working on a Debian guest

Carlos González piteccelaya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:57:42 UTC 2022

Hello.

I'm trying a virtual machine with a live CD distribution called AntiX
Linux, which is directly based on Debian.

I'm using direct QEMU commands.
In the VM configuration I have this for SPICE configuration:
"-vga qxl -device virtio-serial-pci -spice
unix=on,addr=path/to/vm_spice.socket,disable-ticketing=on -chardev
spicevmc,id=spicechannel0,name=vdagent -device
virtserialport,chardev=spicechannel0,name=com.redhat.spice.0 \"
Then I boot the live ISO, double check that QXL driver is installed -which
normally always is-, and install spice-vdagent package (version 20 here).
I'm using remote-viewer (virt-viewer) to visualize the VM.

Up to this point, clipboard sharing with host still doesn't work, and
trying to drag a file from host to guest results in an error "The agent is
not connected".

So I manually run "spice-vdagent" command, and clipboard sharing now works,
but trying to drag file from host to guest gives "File transfer is
disabled". Also, automatic resolution change with window resizing doesn't
work either.

Certainly, this live distro doesn't come with any spice-related packages
installed by default, except for the QXL package.

Am I missing something here? Could someone help please?
Thanks beforehand.