[Spice-devel] Vdagent not working on a Debian guest

Carlos González piteccelaya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:11:24 UTC 2022

As soon as spice-vdagent package is installed, so is the spice-vdagentd
daemon and it also starts running. Yet I always need to manually run
spice-vdagent command...

How do I specify an output directory for the agent to file transfer?

I don't think it's remote-viewer's fault, because I also tested with a
Windows guest. With all SPICE stuff properly installed, everything works
out of the box: clipboard, resizing, file transfer from host to guest. With
"properly installed" I mean: installed SPICE drivers manually from
virtio-win ISO by loading them since the Windows installation beforehand,
then once booted into Windows downloaded the vdagent ZIP from spice-space
website and manually installed the service according to instructions.

As additional detail, in QEMU I use the option "-display spice-app", which
automatically starts remote-viewer; though curiously it doesn't seem to
create a virt-viewer directory inside ~/.config unlike when running
remote-viewer manually...

Thanks again.