[Spice-devel] spice-webdav - change default shared directory

Frantz Honegger frantz_honegger at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:19:40 UTC 2022

Dear Mr,

Thank you very much for your time.

Could you please provide me with additional information about the
necessary settings to modify the spice-webdav default shared directory
(the directory is ~/Public by default, but I would like it to be
/home/user for example).

I did a lot of research on the net but could only find the below
information from https://github.com/lofyer/spice-webdav :

*/In your virt-viewer client/*/
//
//The Spice client can share a folder with the remote guest. By default
folder sharing is disabled. Use the remote-viewer "File" → "Preferences"
menu to enable it. The default shared directory is the XDG Public Share
directory (ie ~/Public if you use a regular system). You may specify a
different folder with --spice-share-dir client option./

The problem is that I don't know where the "--spice-share-dir client
option" should be set (I am using virt-viewer). Could you please provide
me with a concrete example or more information?

Thank you very much for your work and your help.

Have a very nice day,

Best regards,

Frantz Honegger