[Spice-devel] qxldod driver for Windows 11

Carlos González piteccelaya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:23:35 UTC 2022

So the "rumors" are true: you (in general) really did discontinue/kill the
qxl drivers, if not the entire SPICE project soon. Was it because IBM?
Since being sold to them the first one to die was Centos, now this...

FYI:
https://gist.github.com/pojntfx/b860e123e649504bcd298aa6e92c4043#file-main-sh-L32
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/virglrenderer-devel/2021-January/001897.html
virtio-gpu implies virgl, and currently only works on Linux guests; RedHat
people explicitly deemed the Windows work "not worthy".

Thanks for killing the project.