[Swfdec] problems to compile

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Dec 5 10:59:29 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 09:30 -0800, Rodrigo Schramm wrote:
> when I try to compile the SwfDec, the configure report a error:
>
> checking for GLIB... Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.10' but version of GLib is 2.4.7
> no
> configure: error: glib-2.0, gobject-2.0 and gthread-2.0 >= 2.10 are
> required to build swfdec
>
> Can't I compile the SwfDec with  a newer version of the Glib (GLib is
> 2.4.7)  ???
> What I need to do to fix this problem?

Get a new version of glib from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/glib/2.12/

Compile and install it.  Be careful not to overwrite the existing
installation.  You can use a new directory as prefix,
e.g. /usr/local/glib

Then supply the location of glib to the configure script of swfdec.  You
can do it by specifying --with-pkg-config-path with the argument being
the directory where the *.pc files for the new glib are installed
(e.g. /usr/local/glib/lib)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin