[Swfdec] swfdec utilization howto

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Fri Dec 7 00:10:54 PST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 2:47 AM, Rodrigo Schramm <rodrigo.schramm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there are a  tutorial about SwfDec or a HowTO use?

We haven't written any example code to copy/paste from. But there is
documentation available:
1) the API documentation at
http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/documentation/swfdec/ - the Swfdec API
is completely documented.
2) Most applications using Swfdec don't have a lot of source code and
can therefore be used as quasi-examples. This holds both for test
applications inside the Swfdec repository as it does for external
applications like swfdec-gnome.

> swfdec can be utilized to convert swf to image?

Yes, that is easily possible. The two applications that do this are
the swfdec-gnome thumbnailer and our image test in the testsuite. You
can look at their code here:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=swfdec/swfdec-gnome.git;a=blob;f=thumbnailer/swfdec-thumbnailer.c
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=swfdec/swfdec.git;a=blob;f=test/image/image.c

Cheers,