[Swfdec] CPU hogging in swfplay with directfb backend

RENY PAUL renypaul at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 03:48:00 PST 2007

Hi,

     I compiled swfdec with directfb backend. swfplay is able to play flash
but it is taking almost 100% of the CPU.
     When flash is in pause state it is using less CPU.
     With X11 backend swfplay is taking less CPU.

     Can someone tell which is the function in swfdec responsible for the
rending to the screen.
     I am using directfb-1.1.0, gtk+-2.10.14 and cairo-1.5.4.

     I have seen the swfdec-directfb through git-web interface but I was not
able to checkout sources. It is giving following errors.

    git clone git://swfdec.freedesktop.org/git/swfdec/swfdec
    Initialized empty Git repository in /root/swfdec/.git/
    swfdec.freedesktop.org[0: 131.252.210.176]: errno=Connection timed out
    fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
    fetch-pack from 'git://swfdec.freedesktop.org/git/swfdec/swfdec' failed.

   Can someone help me.

Thanks
Reny