[Swfdec] CPU hogging in swfplay with directfb backend

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Mon Dec 17 08:55:30 PST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 12:48 PM, RENY PAUL <renypaul at gmail.com> wrote:
> I compiled swfdec with directfb backend. swfplay is able to play flash
> but it is taking almost 100% of the CPU.
> With X11 backend swfplay is taking less CPU.

This is entirely possible, but I guess it depends a lot on the layers
below Swfdec. So without a profiling information, this info doesn't
make me say more than "aha".

>      I have seen the swfdec-directfb through git-web interface but I was not
> able to checkout sources. It is giving following errors.

Use git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/swfdec/swfdec-directfb
The URL you provided only works for developers.
Also note my recent mail to this list about the swfdec-directfb repository.

Cheers,
Benjamin