[Swfdec] Lots of problems playing back !

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 19 17:25:43 PST 2007

Hi all,
I got swfdec compiled and running, however there are a lot of problems
running it !

As a test I tried:

swfplay http://www.youtube.com/v/lUR6laFLk0A

First of all I see:

SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_codec_gst.c(231): swfdec_gst_decoder_init: failed to
create decoder
SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_codec_audio.c(192): swfdec_audio_decoder_new: no
suitable decoder for audio codec 2
SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_codec_gst.c(231): swfdec_gst_decoder_init: failed to
create decoder

Second, transparency seems broken - for example, around the "play" button
in the centre of the screen, and the little spinning circles.

Third the video is not playing (I guess it's related to the missing codec
above ? however there is no indication as to what I need to install to
play it).

Fourth, the buttons (pause/play) and slider bar are VERY unresponsive, and
when pressed, artifacts appear in the image screen.

Fifth, resizing/exposing the window is broken, the image doesn't seem to
redraw.

I guess you are working on these issues, and I realise the project is
still in early development, but as I said, at least some indication of
what codecs are missing and how to install them would be nice.

Regards,
Salsaman.