[Swfdec] Lots of problems playing back !

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Dec 19 18:02:28 PST 2007

Hello!

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 02:25 +0100, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Third the video is not playing (I guess it's related to the missing codec
> above ? however there is no indication as to what I need to install to
> play it).

If you are using a recent version of swfdec (0.5.5 or a revision from
the git repository), it uses gstreamer by default, so you need to
install non-free gstreamer codecs.  This is distribution specific.  On
Fedora, I add Livna repository and install gstreamer-plugins-bad and
gstreamer-plugins-ugly using yum.  That pulls some dependencies as well.

Another approach is to install mad and ffmpeg with development libraries
(again, you'll need some unofficial repository) and recompile swfdec to
use them:

./configure --enable-mad --enable-ffmpeg

The other problems may stem from the missing codec, so please recheck
that they persist once the codec issue is solved.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin