[Swfdec] unable to create array with "blah = Array();"

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Thu Jun 14 01:12:14 PDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/13/07, Benjamin Otte <otte at gnome.org> wrote:
> > tests added, fixed and pushed in
> > 8d08ca0fa54212527bd7b1ed59f60b4ec0faddc1 and
> > 1cdcfc8200ba59d722fd932267336fd263d7fa3f
>
> Good news first. With these patches I now can play blocky.swf, yay!
> The missing pieces are Sound class and drawing API (which are not
> really important). Thank you! Performance is not as good as adobe
> player's when I eat big regions, but that also does not really matter.

Great to hear that you managed to make it work.
As for pewrformance, there's 2 reasons where Swfdec can be slow.
Reason 1 (and the most common problem) is rendering performance. Most
of the time there's not a lot Swfdec can do. It all depends on
Cairo/Xrender getting fast (aka gaining Graphic card acceleration).
Reason 2 is stupidify of Swfdec, most likely the script engine. If you
want to do any profiling, go ahead. There's probably loads of
low-hanging fruit right now.

> Now bad news. I had to cherry pick the patches because of the hugh
> patch reorganizing PlaceObject handling. There was something wrong
> with transformation matrix. Please look at Swfplay-*.png at
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~pclouds/files/. Swfplay.png and Swfplay-3.png
> are the ones before reorg patch. Swfplay-1.png and Swfplay-2.png are
> after reorg patch, respectively.

I'm frantically working on this. And it should be becoming better with
every commit. I just tested all my "known-to-work" files from 0.4.x
and realized a lot of them stopped working somewhere. So I probably
spent too much time buried in the testsuite. ;)

Benjamin