[Swfdec] Patches to make blocky.swf playable

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Sun Jun 24 09:11:42 PDT 2007

Sorry for not reviewing your patches earlier, but my broken laptop
kept my brain busy ("buy a new one?" "or not?"). Here's a quick
rundown:

> 0001-Add-a-missing-else-statement.patch

This should be fixed since 82959bab78752fb764d70c2d60d005a0e9f5ba95.

> 0002-Create-swfdec_movie_duplicate.patch
> 0003-Implement-action-CloneSprite-with-swfdec_movie_dupli.patch

I'm poking at this now. It seems the most interesting question is:
What is copied and what isn't. And for stuff that isn't copied, what's
it initialized to. This is probably related to patch 7.

> 0004-Add-action-RemoveSprite.patch

This seems pretty easy, when we know which movies get removed. I'll
cook up a test consisting of lots of createEmptyMovieClip (),
swapDepth(), RemoveSprite calls and see what happens.
We might also need a target path lookup function as RemoveSprite seems
to operate on the target. Need to test...

> 0005-Add-new-variables-to-the-target.patch

Looks correct. I'd love to have the SwfdecFrame struct have target,
original_target and local_object (instead of var_object) properties to
make setting variables work perfectly. That should make the code a lot
cleaner than these loops everywhere.
Oh, and this is another obvious candidate for tests...

> 0006-Remove-movies-with-the-same-name-when-adding-new-mov.patch

This is definitely wrong. See attached movie81.as test. It seems the
movie with the lowest depth is taken if multiple movies have the same
name.
Could you give a reason for why this was necessary?

> 0007-We-don-t-handle-replacing-movies-other-than-SwfdecGr.patch

This touches the "what is copied and what isn't" problem again.
Someone should take every member of SwfdecMovie (and
SwfdecSpriteMovie) and write a test if it's copied or not. I'm
thinking of script properties like color_transform or visible here.
I'd be interested in the reasons for this patch, too.

Benjamin