[Swfdec] Re: A little question about swfdec 0.4.3 and ffmpeg's swscaler

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 30 04:57:15 PDT 2007

Ok, this time without hitting send accidentally...

1) Please write to the proper mailing list. Swfdec is not getting
enough mail to make splitting the commit mail worth it (yet ;)).
2) I don not really have a clue about ffmpeg, and all its weird
options and features. I just know enough to make Debian's version work
in swfdec. And I don't really care until there's something out in the
wild that's worth supporting.
3) The img_convert stuff is used so I'm sure I get the video in the
RGBA format used by cairo. At least that was my idea why it's
necessary. If that's not the case, send me a patch to get rid of it.
Scaling at least is done in cairo and not in ffmpeg.
4) The video decoding stuff has not changed at all since 0.4.3.
Actually pretty much nothing froma feature point of view has changed.
The only changes have been the exported API, some fixes for Pygtk's
bindings gneerator and me breaking swfdec's scripting engine on a
branch.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Quoting owczi at owczi.net: