[Swfdec] Need help in running swfdec to watch youtube video

ying lcs yinglcs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:04:44 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to use swfdec to watch youtube video.
As an example, I want to watch this video from this page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5DtISEceU

>From the source of the above page, it has this link:
var fo = new SWFObject("/player2.swf?video_id=ot5DtISEceU&l=227&t=OEgsToPDskIAT_WivMUj76nGfdhAFBKN&sk=CdlGIc1WbGevkdd3KWQVRQC",
"movie_player", "450", "370", 7, "#FFFFFF");

So I start swfdec like this:
 ./player/swfplay ~/tmp/player2.swf
--variables=video_id=ot5DtISEceU&l=227&t=OEgsToPDskIAT_WivMUj76nGfdhAFBKN&sk=CdlGIc1WbGevkdd3KWQVRQC

But i get error message from swfdec like this:

SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_loader.c(227): :
"/get_video?video_id=ot5DtISEceU&t=undefined" is an absolute path -
using relative instead

Can you please tell me what am I missing? Why 't' is underfined?