[Swfdec] Question about Konq Support

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Aug 20 08:11:56 PDT 2008

Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:

> I think it's unmaintained, and if no one step up it'll stay as is. Said
> that i've cooked a quick untested patch to make it compile with swfdec
> git and kdelibs 4.1.0. I don't even have konqueror so the patch is not
> tested at all. I think you have to wait for Benjamin coming back from
> holidays for a serious response.
>
> cheers,
> riccardo
>

> !DSPAM:1,48ab3abf19867407814086!

Riccardo,

Thanks for the patch!

I've gone ahead and implemented this patch here, and made quite a few
more adjustments to it. One of the things I've implemented is openURL
instead of openFile, which in Konq passes the direct URL to the plugin,
instead of opening a file-download dialog, and copying all the .swf
files to disk first.

However, I'm still having some problems getting it to work. Here's how I
have it being opened:

void FlashPlayerWidget::load(const KUrl& url)
{
SwfdecURL *swf_url;
swf_url = swfdec_url_new_from_input(url.url().toUtf8().constData());
swfdec_player_set_url(d->player, swf_url);
swfdec_url_free(swf_url);
}

But when the plugin tries to play any flash file, heres the output I get:

SWFDEC: ERROR: swfdec_stream.c(373): swfdec_stream_errorv: error in
stream for http://www.gamepro.com/ads/counter.swf: Don't know how to
handle this protocol

Is there some other way I need to open a remote http:// URL?

Thanks!