[Swfdec] Porting Swfdec to Mac OS X & Timing question

Nick Zitzmann seiryu at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 14:59:18 PDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> The more important issue is that milliseconds are 1/1000th of a
> second, not one millionth. So likely the not-CPU-intensive movies run
> 1000x too fast for you at the moment. :)

D'oh! Thanks.

> The not-so-important thing is that (I assume) you don't yet have a
> proper priorization of events. So if you redraw after every frame -
> likely the whole screen because you don't do invalidation tracking yet
> - you will end up eating up all the CPU instead of advancing the
> movie. This is likely what causes the slow movies.

Yeah, right now it's redrawing the whole frame instead of part of it,
and that's wrong. And yes, there is a Mac OS X method that invalidates
only part of a view instead of the full view. How do I find out what
display rect (if any) was changed during the last event? I looked at
the headers and didn't see anything obvious.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/>
S/MIME signature available upon request