[Swfdec] Porting Swfdec to Mac OS X & Timing question

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Mon Sep 1 23:47:14 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Nick Zitzmann <seiryu at comcast.net> wrote:
> Yeah, right now it's redrawing the whole frame instead of part of it, and
> that's wrong. And yes, there is a Mac OS X method that invalidates only part
> of a view instead of the full view. How do I find out what display rect (if
> any) was changed during the last event? I looked at the headers and didn't
> see anything obvious.

That's done (like quite a bit of other stuff) using gobject signals,
in this particular case the invalidate signal. You use
g_signal_connect (player, "invalidate", G_CALLBACK
(invalidate_handler), callback_data); and the invalidate_handler will
be called whenever something on the screen changed.

The other interesting signal is the notify signal, which is emitted
whenever a property changes. You should probably look at
swfdec-gtk/swfdec_gtk_widget.c:swfdec_gtk_widget_invalidate_cb to see
what's done there.

Cheers,
Benjamin