[Swfdec] Porting Swfdec to Mac OS X & Timing question

Nick Zitzmann seiryu at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 17:18:13 PDT 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 12:47 AM, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> That's done (like quite a bit of other stuff) using gobject signals,
> in this particular case the invalidate signal. You use
> g_signal_connect (player, "invalidate", G_CALLBACK
> (invalidate_handler), callback_data); and the invalidate_handler will
> be called whenever something on the screen changed.

Thanks; I found the GTK code last night and wrote an invalidate
handler that makes the view redraw only what it is told to redraw. Now
the world is safe for democracy. :)

The Mac OS X version is coming along nicely, with only a few things I
know I need to do before I can make a release:

1. HTTP streaming (should be straightforward; Mac OS X has URL
connection classes for HTTP streaming)
2. Multimedia (I'm going to have to look into integrating Swfdec with
QuickTime, since I can't get GStreamer to build statically, and any
solution that depends on external plugins is unacceptable on Mac OS X)
3. JavaScript interface for the Web browser plugin
4. Testing, testing, testing

I look forward to lighting a proverbial fire underneath Adobe's Mac
Flash team. :) And thanks for your work on Swfdec.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/>
S/MIME signature available upon request