[Swfdec] SwfdecGtkWidget and transparency

Jack Rutherford jack at fader.co.uk
Fri May 15 17:52:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to load an swf and make the background transparent so that
I can overlay it over another widget or GdkWindow (specifically to
create an overlay from a video stream using a Gstreamer pipeline, but
I digress).
Please forgive my ignorance but I am very new to Gtk+2 and have not
got my hands dirty with c for a long time.
So far I have managed to get swf files playing and have managed to set
the opacity of the whole widget based on the composite windows section
in the Gtk docs. Obviously that is not quite what I want to do. Can
anyone out there give me some pointers as to how I might achieve this?

regards,

Jack