D-Bus bindings: C++ or C?

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Fri Aug 7 13:25:23 UTC 2009

At Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:09:16 +0200,
Patrick Ohly wrote:

> Question to packagers: would you mind if we bundled a version of
> dbus-c++ with our source until some official release makes it into the
> distros?

dbus++ is in the NEW queue for debian, so it should be in the unstable
distribution in a couple of weeks (unless some licensing issue turns
up, but I think the guy packaging it is pretty conscientious that way.

So, you could bundle it, but I probably wouldn't use the bundled copy.
Bundling is only extra disk space from debian point of view, unless
there are licensing issues. Of course, hopefully the package compiles
ok with the non-bundled version.

David