Akonadi + KDE support (was: Re: [Opensync-devel] OpenSync: fragmentation is harmful)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Wed Jan 5 08:56:52 UTC 2011

[moving to SyncEvolution list]

On Di, 2011-01-04 at 10:30 -0800, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to catch up with the thread, but for now I want to answer to this here
>
> --- On Mon, 1/3/11, Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > have). GPE is one example. Akonadi another. I already wrote
> > a prototype
> > backend for Akonadi, but now need a developer who is
> > motivated to finish
> > and maintain it.

I should have mentioned that Dinesh is working on it; I just haven't
seen the result yet and don't know whether he wants to stay around once
it is included (maintenance!).

> If you give me access to the code I could fix it, as I am highly
> motivated to have KDE4 sincable in near future (until someone fixes
> the rest of opensync).

Dinesh, is there a chance that Emanoil helps with the SyncEvolution
Akonadi backend? I can imagine that the work can be split up easily (for
example, you doing the KDE integration (HTTP, KWallet, GUI), while
Emanoil does the actual sync backend), but you know best what the
current status is.

Emanoil, attached Dinesh's last email on the subject. None of his work
is in the main SyncEvolution. We did one code review a while back and
determined that further work was needed to make it ready.

I'd be very interested to get as many suitable patches integrated now.
1.2 (= master) is still in an experimental phase, so modifying core code
is okay. The Akonadi backend can be modified at any time, it is just a
question of when it is ready for users.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.