[SyncEvolution] Issues with evolution 2.32 and syncevolution 1.1.1a

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Tue Mar 8 20:56:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:10:44 -0500, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 12:55 -0400, David Bremner wrote:
> > I don't really speak dbus, but after that comes something that at a wild
> > guess looks like e-addressbook-factory crashing.
> >
> > ,----
> > | signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=9 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
> > |    string "org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook"
> > |    string ":1.34"
> > |    string ""
> > `----
>
> That would be my guess too.  Can you try running e-addressbook-factory
> from gdb and see if you can capture a stack trace of the crash?

Thanks to a hint from Ken Bloom, I realized the problem was the
evolution related library versions. At least libebook-1.2 and
libcamel-1.2 were at revisions corresponding to evolution 2.30.3 in the
compilation environment.  With these updated, the problem goes away.

Some preliminary testing suggests that the version of syncevolution
compiled with the 2.32.2 evolution libs won't work with evolution
2.30.3.

David